Friday, July 9, 2010

Window Shopping


When it's hotter than Hades for daaaaaaaze, a welcome rain can shed a new perspective. Colour emerges, sentences make sense, and we can breathe again. The current heatwave kept everyone inside next to the a/c, but those who braved the elements and did a little shopping were cautious at best. No large purchases permitted because brains weren't firing on all cylinders. Even at the grocery store I found myself loading my 100 items onto the express counter while the express cashier watched in a sort of glazed fashion. Eventually, we both realized the error and I dragged my weary cart, bumping into everything in my path, to the correct counter. Good thing I wasn't buying a car. Geez Louise, who'd have thunk heat could cloud us so!!!!????

No comments:

Post a Comment