Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Romantic Bench




There's something contemplative and just a little lonely about the solitary bench. Seeing them perched on waterfronts or along walking paths, I always think of them as seating for brain resting more than leg resting. When I saw this lovely photo of a bench at sunset (or is that sunrise), I knew I'd found a home for my splatterd bench, "Rosemaritaville". She's been tucked away all winter, but now is her time to shine....in the sun....on the waterfront. Who'll rest there first I wonder? Feline or fowl?

2 comments:

  1. I'll come sit on the bench for you and enjoy the view. Lucky you seeing a heron, I've been on the lookout for them but haven't spied them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So nice to watch the wildlife on the water but have to admit I feel a bit like an intruder.

    ReplyDelete