Friday, April 30, 2010

Putting the RRRRRRRRRRR in Red!

The best way to wake up a sleepy spring morning is with a bucket of red! My favourites are geraniums but petunias, impatiens, anything in vivid red - each one a more welcome jolt than even the smokiest of coffees! You can pad them with white or yellow bitty flowers and they lose nothing in their cartoon loveliness....but the best red is enhanced by more red....buckets...beds...fields of red.
As I carried my most recent red acquisitions to the car yesterday, I passed another 'redhead' and smiled at the smug look on her face. She loaded her cargo with such excitement that an entire flat of redness landed on the pavement. Providing her with the dignity she deserved, I looked the other way, then tucked my six precious plants into the back seat with extra special care.

No comments:

Post a Comment