Sunday, October 11, 2009

first time

This is my first venture into blogdom and after checking out 'Tongue in Cheek', I see that I have a long way to go before acquiring blog savvy.


I like old stuff. I love making old stuff look good....either through painting, roughing up, re-tooling, and often repurposing. It's fun. The most satisfying project is finding a little sumpin' roadside, and making it beautiful again....like we did with this night table.



It was such a little hobo, but we dusted if off, painted it antique white and put in a basket where it was missing a drawer...then I found one of my mom's antique handkerchiefs, and voila, it had a lined basket instead of a drawer. When the lady who bought it was thrilled to pay just $35 for our wee gem, and I saw her face light up as she chattered on about where it was going to live...I knew my work was done.


...for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment